Ashleigh Prowse presenting about Scoliosis for the Australian Physiotherapy Association
Ashleigh our Director and Principal Physiotherapist will be presenting on Scoliosis and similar spinal conditions for the Australian Physiotherapy Association whose membership consists mostly of Australia's registered Physiotherapists.
The aim is to increase physiotherapists and other allied health practitioners awareness of evidence-based conservative management of Scoliosis, specifically in the screening of Scoliosis, the use of Physiotherapy treatment which includes Physiotherapeutic Scoliosis-Specific Exercises (PSSE ie Schroth), and when to refer for bracing and surgical intervention - this is applicable throughout all stages of scoliosis; whether early intervention in the growing spine with Scoliosis or treatment of an ageing spine.
The 2 hour online seminar will be held this June 28th at
VIC, TAS, NSW, ACT, QLD – 6.00pm AEST
SA, NT – 5.30pm
WA – 4.00pm
Ashleigh will be presenting on the following key areas that will be of interest to allied health professionals (and students);
- The science and biomechanics of Scoliosis and how this relates to treatment;
- Understand and practice clinical and radiological assessments for screening;
- A brief introduction to adult spinal deformities;
- Discussion of treatment conditions, practical exercise and hands-on treatment applications and considerations in practice;
- Overview of bracing and surgery referral indications.
Register before the 27th June via the following link: https://australian.physio/pd/pd-product?id=8433
Non-Member: $50.00 (open to students and all allied health)
APA Member: $30.00 (physiotherapy members)
Please share with all relevant groups/ people you think will be interested!